Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunrise

As I fly over the English channel, the sunrise I witness is spectacular. Over the endless sea of clouds the crimson ball of fire creeps towards the pale blue sky. The horizon slowly shifts from a perfect rainbow to mute its colors and become a separation of greenish-blue and peach. The sunlight streaming through the plane window is breathtaking and my picture will never do it justice.

That first paragraph brought out all kinds of inner wannabe creative writer. It is now 11:10 pm in Sudbury but already 5:00am in Germany, where I will be flying with Air Moldova to my final destination, Chisinau, the capital. I am starting to struggle from the lack of sleep. I woke up early this morning as a result of a number of different factors, including my sister and my dog being such heavy sleepers that they didn’t realize they wer sleeping on top of me last night.

I couldn’t sleep at all on the plane so instead I rewatched the second Hobbit movie, played some Plants vs. Zombies, finished my book “the Rental Sister,” and am currently writing this post. We had dinner around 7:00pm (ET) and as usual, it was the super sketchy plan meals. I ordered the chicken dinner (meat was a bold move) but it came with RICE so that was brownie points to Lufthansa!

Well we are preparing to land so I will wrap this up. Looking forward to writing the next post!



No comments:

Post a Comment