Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I'm leavin' on a jet plane...

I have been astoundingly neglectful of my wayfaring grapes this past week. As I prepare to return home I grow increasingly fretful, anxious, and frustrated. I cannot sleep until two or three in the morning, which results in exhaustion the next day, which I treat with coffee.  With my impending departure date looming over my head like a threatening storm I am frantically trying to buy last-minute gifts and souvenirs for everyone as well as say goodbye to everyone that I have known and met. The combination of a disliked activity (shopping) with trying to catch rutieres and trolleys to get to all my events provides me with a great headache!

Time to collect my thoughts.

I end my internship at Hospice Angelus today. Although I will come in to teach my final English lesson tomorrow morning at 8am, today is the day I will truly say farewell to everyone at the Hospice. I baked banana bread for everyone to accompany the occasion. Hopefully they like it, as some have never tried it before!

I go to Lyceum this afternoon at 4pm for a FLEX alumni panel in which the current program students may ask questions about their travel and stay in the US. After the panel I will mentor Nadina on her final presentation until I will need to leave around 6:30 for my farewell dinner!

Tonight we will go to La Placinte in the center to (celebrate is not the right word) send me off back to the US. As aforementioned, I am a nervous wreck and adding this to my list of things to do isn’t helping. But it will allow me to say goodbye to a lot of people at once so should be a fun dinner. I will attempt to relax and enjoy my last few hours with a company of amazing people.

My mind has a plan for a flurry of blog posts as I near my departure, but who knows, I may end up so upset and restless that there may be none at all! Hoping for the former!


Also my apologies for the drastic decrease in pictures because my camera of five or six years has finally decided to lie down and pass into another life. RIP my light metallic pink Sony camera. You did so well I will miss you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment