Saturday, July 5, 2014

Good Game, Belgium!

Unfortunately my tediously painted nails did not bring much luck to the USA soccer team competing in the world cup. I spent three hours on them on Monday, and for what??? Luckily, July 4th was right around the corner so they sufficed for both!

The game versus Belgium was the first USA game I watched because all the other ones were at 1am in Moldova. I wasn’t about to stay out till 3:30 to watch a sport I don’t care all that much about…so as a result, I was adamant about watching this one! I contacted Matt, the Peace Corps volunteer from NJ, and we all went to the opera house fan-viewing center. At first it was Matt and myself with a number of Europeans from the EVS, but then a bunch of other Peace Corps volunteers showed up and we had a whole table of us! That night I met Ethan from Maine, Quinn, Chris, and a couple others. We did a pretty good job representing USMNT in my opinion. We had an “I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN” cheer (to no avail) and a “Howard” cheer going from our table. We were the only USA fans there; everyone else was representing their continental neighbor.


In the end, we held our own against Belgium. Meaning Tim Howard carried the team on his shoulders. I have some newfound respect for that man. Ah well, we did our best, and that’s what counts!!









The best thing that resulted from our loss... --> 

No comments:

Post a Comment