Saturday, July 5, 2014

La Multi Ani!

I’m officially two decades old as of yesterday. The word “decade” sounds ancient, does it not? And I’m not only one decade old, have TWO decades under my belt now!








We celebrated my birthday at the Tbilisi restaurant on Stefan cel Mare Boulevard. It serves Georgian cuisine, which I’ve never had before but all the food was mouth-watering! We had Khinkali, a huge dumpling with meat and juice inside. The right way to eat them is to bite a small hole in the dumpling then suck out all the juice and then eat the meat and rest of the dumpling. We also had Khachapuri, which was basically pizza without tomato sauce. Surprisingly delicious! Finally we had a couple plates of hot grilled meats, like pork and beef. The wine they served with dinner might be one of the best wines I’ve tried so far here as well. Unfortunately, it is hand made in their restaurant. I wonder if they sell it…

Raluca actually initiated the planning for the dinner, her being the excellent fundraising coordinator that she is, and she began planning it right away. I’m grateful to her for it; otherwise I would probably have not gotten around to it myself! It was Raluca, myself, Vera and Amelia, Gero, Christina (my coworker) and her boyfriend Igor, Angee, and Tony. I was bummed Tomas and Elena couldn’t make it but they’ll be here next week!

Afterward we went out to the 513 Bar and had a bit of champagne. It was a great night and I’m so glad everyone came and celebrated with me! I loved the gifts I received, which were totally unexpected. Vera, the bag was perfect, just what I needed. The scarf is also very beautiful. Amelia's bracelets I have worn a few times now. Angee's scarf/shawl is vibrant and I plan to hang it on my wall at Lehigh next year to brighten my room! And American Councils, thank you for the Moldova shirt! Then everyone will ask me what Moldova is and I will educate them! And thank you so much to Gero and Raluca, who so generously paid for the dinner. Finally, thank you Tony for walking me back so I didn’t have to take a taxi! Taxis will always be sketchy.





No comments:

Post a Comment